Elaf for Relief and Development was founded on May of 2014. It came out of the need to help the people still living inside Syria, who were either displaced or living in their homes with no access to food, medicine, education, and other basic necessities. Elaf started out with volunteers and with the help of personal donations began helping those surviving inside Syria, struggling to make it another day. We at Elaf, work in hard to reach communities and our strength lies in the fact that we elevate the lives of those we help by “teaching them to fish rather than giving them a fish”. Elaf also sponsors over 10,500 orphans by providing for their education, food, as well as non-food items. Elaf supports 2 clinics, small to medium enterprises (SMEs) such as small farms, 2 bakeries, and 15 schools. Overall, we do projects that contribute to the development of those still living inside Syria, who have no one to turn to.
The direct aid Elaf provides is food, shelter, clothing, fuel, gift-in-kind, vouchers, and even cash to those in besieged areas. Elaf achieves its goals through quality driven, purposeful and diverse projects that are implemented inside Syria. The implementation of these projects are guided and executed by a our dedicated team of both paid staff and volunteers.
The HR Officer is responsible for the following:
- Implement ELAF HR Policies and procedures.
- Coordinate staff recruitment, including but not limited to, advertising, screen, interviewing, hiring etc.
- Ensure staff receives a full induction into the organization.
- Apply Performance Management procedures and coordinate all related activities.
- Assist and remind supervisors to conduct annual performance appraisals for staff and assist direct supervisor to conduct training to staff on performance appraisal process
- Prepare and submit periodic reports as appropriate.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation and processing of payroll for the Elaf staff; Ensure accuracy of staff salaries.
- Draft or prepare correspondence to respond to inquiries in respect to relevant administrative activities and preparing of minutes of the meeting.
- Ensure processing of job offer, employment contract, consultancy contracts, amendments, and other personnel related correspondence such as change of status (termination of contracts, promotion, warning letters, salary increment), confirmation of probationary period, service/working certificates and etc. on timely manner.
- Ensure that all necessary support documents are collected and checked prior to finalizing contracts.
- Maintain HR Database and update it accordingly.
- Advice in personnel conflicts/processes when relevant.
- Ensure that staff records in Syria offices are up to date and filed appropriately.
- Perform other job related tasks assigned time to time by respective supervisors.
- University degree in human resources or business management or any other relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in human resource management including job description development, recruitment processes, performance management systems and salary and benefit package development.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written (English, and Arabic).
- Ability to devise solutions to complex problems.
- Energy and enthusiasm to motivate and engage others.
- dependability with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong influence and negotiation skills.
- Team leaderships.
- Time-Management skills.
- Able to lead teams, allocate tasks, and ensure the proper managing of the activities.
- Adaptable, self-motivated, willing to learn and take on extra duties as required.
Please note that:
- Only Turkish nationals will be considered for this role.
- Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Please follow the link below: