Elaf for Relief and Development was founded on May of 2014. It came out of the need to help the people still living inside Syria, who were either displaced or living in their homes with no access to food, medicine, education, and other basic necessities. Elaf started out with volunteers and with the help of personal donations began helping those surviving inside Syria, struggling to make it another day. We at Elaf, work in hard to reach communities and our strength lies in the fact that we elevate the lives of those we help by “teaching them to fish rather than giving them a fish”. Elaf also sponsors over 10,500 orphans by providing for their education, food, as well as non-food items. Elaf supports 2 clinics, small to medium enterprises (SMEs) such as small farms, 2 bakeries, and 15 schools. Overall, we do projects that contribute to the development of those still living inside Syria, who have no one to turn to.
The direct aid Elaf provides is food, shelter, clothing, fuel, gift-in-kind, vouchers, and even cash to those in besieged areas. Elaf achieves its goals through quality driven, purposeful and diverse projects that are implemented inside Syria. The implementation of these projects are guided and executed by a our dedicated team of both paid staff and volunteers.
A. Logistics and Transportation
- Direct responsibility of shipments of the relief items, equipment etc. required by the field team in ELAF working areas.
- Plan and ensure all necessary arrangements and documentation for all the shipments are in line with ELAF procedures and practices.
- Plan shipments of materials and coordinate with related institutions including the written and verbal communication.
- Closely monitor transportation activities and related documentations.
- Ensure the safety and the security of the shipping materials from ELAF warehouse to the final destination.
- Make sure that ELAF procurement policies and formats are properly used.
- Assists program and support staff on creating clear and understandable Procurement requests (PR) and other documentation;
- Collects quotations and bids from the market for PR-s as assigned by manager(s) – as per ELAF standards and formats;
- Compilation and preparation of status reports on deliveries for Programs, office Management and recipient of supplies
- Receive the goods as per the description on the supplies request/purchase order.
- Inspects goods upon delivery and rejects inadequate, broken, lower quality and other items not meeting the requirements of the order;
- Knows the local market and available suppliers. Selects the best suppliers to request quotes from as per price, quality, and availability.
- Uses all means of communication available in the most efficient manner to contact the suppliers and request the quotes.
- Presents the procurement documents to the Finance Office and participate that payment is completed in a timely manner
- Make copy of completed procurement documents scanned / hard copy.
C. Vehicle Management
- Functional supervision of drivers ensuring daily vehicle checks are conducted, log books are used correctly, cars are kept clean and tidy, all relevant safety measures are taken before and during driving, and all duties are completed as per their Job Descriptions
- Ensure equal training opportunities for drivers and implementation of the ELAF PDR (Performance Development Review).
- Together with the Logistics Manager, plan weekly vehicle movements ensuring efficient use of vehicles.
- Closely monitor fuel consumption and manage fuel supply.
- Identify needs for tools, spare parts, vehicle contents, and regular maintenance of vehicles with a reputable mechanic
- Ensure vehicle insurance, licensing and documentation are in place and correct
- Actuate and ensure proper application of ELAF Turkey’s SOP Travel with Logistics Manager.
D. Other Duties
- Receives all supplies and equipment and ensures correct documentation into ELAF records as per the ELAF Logistics manual.
- Maintains the ELAF asset register
- Ensure all ELAF equipment remains in good condition (including power supply, communication equipment, computers etc.).
- Maintain accurate records of all stock held in the warehouse in accordance with the guidelines in ELAF’s Warehouse and Commodity Management Manual.
- University degree in Logistics, Engineering or any other relevant field.
- Experience in documentation and record management is a distinct advantage.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic, and excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of Turkish is an advantage.
- Computer literate with good MS Office skills particularly Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Flexibility to travel and work in remote areas if it is needed.
- Ability to work in a systematic and organized manner.
- Time-Management skills.
- Able to lead teams, allocate tasks, and ensure the proper managing of the activities.
- Adaptable, self-motivated, willing to learn and take on extra duties as required.
Please note that:
- Only Turkish nationals will be considered for this role.
- Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Please follow the link below: